Eglinton Veterinary Facilities (the ‘Practice’, owned and operated by the Eglinton Veterinary Facilities Professional Corporation) has a Personal Information Policy in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation. Personal information about clients is collected by the Practice for the purposes of effectively communicating with, and providing veterinary medical services to its clients.
The Practice shall safeguard and protect personal information under its control by implementing appropriate security measures on-site, as well as requiring third parties to whom personal information is disclosed commit to security of information. The Practice will ensure that its employees keep all personal information confidential and comply with the security standards established by the Practice.
We do ask that our clients sign a privacy agreement with the Practice, consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information (such as telephone numbers, email and mailing address) in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy, which include the following:
- Maintaining complete and accurate client files, and complying with the requirements of the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, the Veterinarians Act and regulations under the Act;
- Providing goods and services to veterinary clients, including contacting clients to schedule appointments and follow up on patient treatment, billing for goods and services and notifying clients about new services and promotional offers;
- To advise clients that their pet is due for a particular service or procedure or would benefit from a particular service or procedure; and
- Communicating and working with third parties providing veterinary medical or other services to clients, including other veterinary facilities, laboratories and insurance companies which may pay for all or part of the cost of such services.
The Practice maintains privacy of personal information such that:
- A client’s personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with their consent, or except where use or disclosure is required by law.
- Clients have the right to view their personal information and have it amended, if inaccurate or incomplete; and
- A copy of the Policy can be provided on request and has been posted for viewing on the practice’s website here atwww.eglintonvet.com.