COVID-19 hospital protocols
Update October 2020
Our hospital is currently open at full capacity, but visits to the hospital look different than in the past.
Other than some unique exceptions, we continue to serve our clients “curbside” to ensure the safety of our clients and hospital staff.
We are very grateful that our EVF pet parents continue to support us at a difficult time and that they entrust us to care for their pets despite the COVID protocols. All clients visiting the hospital are reminded that our team is working very hard inside the clinic under very difficult circumstances, and sometimes it may take some time for us to answer the phone or come to the front door.
Due to the size of our facility, we anticipate that we will continue to ask clients to remain outside until this is no longer possible due to weather.
Notes for clients visiting our hospital with their pets:
- Please do not attend the hospital with your pet if you are exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 infection, if you have had close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or if you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days. We are happy to care for your pet and communicate by phone.
- If you are visiting us, please anticipate a wait of 10-30 minutes or more outside of the hospital (dress appropriately or plan to remain in your vehicle if the weather is cold or wet).
- When you arrive at the hospital, please call us at 416-487-1533 or knock on the front door. Our team will provide you with guidance as to what to expect for your appointment.
- Please bring a mask to wear when interacting with our team.
- We are currently accepting contactless payments and NOT accepting cash or cheques. We can take a payment at our front door (using debit, Mastercard or Visa), by credit card over the phone or by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.